Recipe by Heather Kinnaird, “Heather’s French Press” Blog
Baked brie with spicy blueberry sauce will wake up your taste buds with the unexpected combination of the sweet blueberries and the spicy jalapeños on top of a warm and cheesy pastry.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 small wheel of brie
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll puff pastry into a circle at least twice the size of the brie. Place brie in center of the puff pastry. Fold pastry over the brie (pastry will overlap itself).
- Whisk egg with 2 tablespoons water and brush puff pastry with egg wash. Chill for at least 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt and jalapeno. Bring to a boil; rreduce heat, stirring occasionally (about 15 minutes).
- While sauce is cooking, place brie on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Top baked brie with sauce, and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 6
42 g carbs
26.8 g fat
10.7 g saturated fat
12 g protein
21 g sugar