- 96 slices Whole Grain-Rich White Bread, 1 oz eq (28 gm) slices
- 1lb 5 oz Cream cheese, cubes
- 4 pints 1/2 cup Blueberries fresh OR 5 pints 1/2 Blueberries, IQF frozen
- 4 dozen Frozen Whole Eggs, thawed OR 2 1/2 qts 4 oz Eggs, fresh large
- 2 qts 1 cup Milk, 1% fat
- 1 ½ cups Maple Syrup, imitation
- 1 1/2 cups Margarine, melted
For easy school foodservice printing, download this recipe in a PDF.
- Cut bread slices into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut cream cheese in small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Spray three 12″ x 20″ x 2″ baking pans thoroughly with pan release spray until lightly coated. Place 1 lb of the bread cubes in each pan.
- Scatter 7 oz cream cheese cubes and 7 oz of blueberries over the bread in each pan. Layer each pan with another 1 lb bread cubes and remaining 7 oz blueberries for a total of 14 oz blueberries per pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and margarine. Mix with paddle attachment for 1 minute on low speed.
- Carefully pour 1/3 of egg mixture (60 oz) over bread mixture in each pan.
- Bake until lightly browned and knife inserted in the center of pan comes out clean:
Conventional oven: 350⁰ F for 50 minutes
Convection oven: 325⁰ F for 1 hour
- CCP: Heat to an internal temperature of 160⁰ F or higher.
- Cut each pan 5 x 4 for 20, 4.75 oz portions.
- Hold for hot service at 135⁰ F or higher.
Number of servings (yield): 60
3.7 g Saturated Fat
2 mg Iron
11.5 g Protein
152 mg Cholesterol
108 mg Calcium
37.2 g Carbohydrates
573 IU Vitamin A
391 mg Sodium
11.5 g Total Fat
4 mg Vitamin C
2.5 g Dietary Fiber