Start your morning on the right foot with a blueberry chia breakfast bowl. The creamy oatmeal and bananas blended with blueberries and maple syrup gives you just the right amount of sweetness for your morning meal. And with 10 grams of protein, this blueberry chia breakfast bowl is sure to jumpstart your day.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a blender or food processor combine blueberries, milk, maple syrup and banana; blend until smooth.
- Divide mixture among two serving bowls. Stir in oatmeal and chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to thicken.
Serve with your favorite yogurt and sprinkle with more blueberries
Number of servings (yield): 2
10 g protein
71 g carbohydrates
13 g dietary fiber
9 g fat
1 g saturated fat
Preparation time: 10 minutes