Recipe by Coley Cooks
Fresh ingredients are the star of this warm blueberry ginger toddy. It’s a holiday season craft cocktail perfect for sharing with a friend to warm up on a cold winter day. Fresh lemon, blueberries and a hint of ginger give this blueberry ginger toddy a unique flavor that will be hard to resist!
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 lemon wedges, plus 2 more for garnish
- 2 ounces bourbon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In the bottom of a teapot or heatproof pitcher, muddle blueberries, ginger and lemon wedges.
- Pour ½ cup boiling water over top and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Measure one ounce of bourbon (optional) and one tablespoon of honey into two glasses.
- Add strained blueberry mixture and divide between the glasses.
- Stir until honey is dissolved and garnish with a few blueberries and a lemon wedge. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 2 Cocktails
For a mocktail version, skip the bourbon.