Need easy, portable lunch ideas for work or play? We’ve got you. Try this crisp, fresh Greek salad in a jar. It’s got all the savory goodness you crave, with an unexpected pop of sweetness from the blueberries. As a nutrition bonus, the Greek salad in a jar is a good source of vitamin A, too. You’ll be thinking about it allllll morning.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Serving suggestion: 1 package (12 ounces) naan (4 naan per package)
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, dill, onion, lemon juice, zest, garlic and kosher salt and stir until blended. Divide evenly between four mason jars.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, blueberries and feta cheese, dividing evenly between mason jars. Seal and refrigerate.
- Shake before serving. Serve with naan, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
18 g fat
4.5 g saturated fat
15 mg cholesterol
4 g protein
11 g carbohydrates
3 g fiber
7 g sugar
420 mg sodium
304 mg potassium (6% of daily value)
123 mg calcium (10% of daily value)
1 mg iron (6% of daily value)
15 mg vitamin C (15% of daily value)
247 mcg vitamin A (25% of daily value)