Recipe developed by Chef Jason K. Morse, CEC, 5280 Culinary, LLC
For easy school foodservice printing, download this recipe in a PDF.
- 14 ¼ lbs pork, carnitas (USDA or JTM Food Grp)
- 18 ½ lbs rice, whole grain fried rice
- 4 ¾ lbs blueberries, oven warmed
- 25 fl oz BBQ sauce
- 6 oz wt green onions, fresh
- Assemble the rice bowl as follows: 1ea 8 oz spoodle of rice = 5.9 oz serving for 1 grain, 2 oz slotted spoodle of oven warmed blueberries, 4 ½ oz wt of pork carnitas, ½ fl oz BBQ sauce, 1 tsp green onion garnish
- Serve immediately. Not recommended to make ahead and hold, blueberries will turn to mush and affect the rice quality.
- HACCP Process – Step 2 – Same Day Service.
Number of servings (yield): 50
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Protein: 24 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Carbohydrates: 77 g
Vitamin A: 94%
Sodium: 1077 mg
Total Fat: 12 g
Vitamin C: 25%
Dietary Fiber: 6 g