For a crunchy and refreshing meal, try our blueberry watercress salad. Full of unique textures and flavors this blueberry watercress salad is anything but bland!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches watercress, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, combine, oil, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, onion, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine watercress, blueberries, apple and pecans.
- Arrange romaine lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette over watercress mixture; toss to combine. Arrange watercress mixture on top of romaine lettuce. Sprinkle with blue cheese; serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
6 g protein
18 g carbohydrate
23 g total fat
5 g saturated fat
10 mg cholesterol
27 mg vitamin C
4 g dietary fiber