- 7.25 cups (4 oz flour/cup) Flour, Whole Wheat White
- 1 tbsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes, canned
- 2 cups Sugar, Brown, light packed
- 6 each Eggs, whole fresh OR 1 1/3 cup Frozen Whole Eggs, thawed
- 5 oz Orange Juice, 100%
- 5 oz Vegetable Oil (canola)
- 6 cups Blueberries, IQF Frozen OR 6 cups Blueberries, Fresh
For easy school foodservice printing, download this recipe as a PDF.
1. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Mix with paddle attachment for 1 minute on low speed until blended.
2. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, light brown sugar, eggs, orange juice and oil on low speed until smooth.
3. Slowly add sweet potato mixture into the dry ingredients while mixing on medium speed. Mix only until moistened, 20-30 seconds.
4. Using a rubber spatula , gently fold blueberries to the batter until evenly distributed. Do not overmix.
5. Portion batter with No. 16 scoop (1/4 cup) into muffin pans lightly coated with pan release spray or paper lined. Fill no more than 2/3 full.
6. Bake until lightly browned:
Conventional oven: 425⁰ F for 11 – 13 minutes
Convection oven: 375⁰ F for 13 – 15 minutes
7. To cool, remove muffins from pans and place on cooling racks.
8. No CCP necessary.
Number of servings (yield): 50 muffins
.47 g Saturated Fat
1 mg Iron
3.2 g Protein
23 mg Cholesterol
68 mg Calcium
26.7 g Carbohydrates
26.7 g Vitamin A
166 mg Sodium
4 g Total Fat
2.3 mg Vitamin C
2.5 g Dietary Fiber