Pittsburgh Innovator Chef Richard DeShantz and Chef de Cuisine Dan Carlton
Whipping up these oysters with blueberry mignonette and prosciutto will make you look (and feel) like a world-class chef. The blueberry mignonette and crispy prosciutto mix deliciously with the succulent oysters for a dish that’s truly unforgettable.
Blueberry Mignonette Ingredients
- 2 cups blueberry juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 10-12 slices of prosciutto
- 1 dozen oysters
- Blueberry mignonette
- Crispy prosciutto
- 1 jalapeño
Blueberry Mignonette Instructions
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, reduce blueberry juice by half; let cool.
- In large mixing bowl combine juice with vinegar, shallots, black pepper and sugar and stir.
- Add blueberries and toss. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with prosciutto in one single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Crumble into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Thinly slice one jalapeno; set aside.
- Shuck the oysters. Spoon 1 teaspoon of blueberry mignonette over each oyster and top with a sprinkle prosciutto crumbs
- Garnish with a slice of jalapeno and a cilantro leaf. Serve immediately
Number of servings (yield): 12 oysters