Your party platter just got a lot more colorful. This summer fruit salad with jalapeno mint and lime is a (lightly) spicy, unexpected take on a classic. Not only is it easy, but it’s healthy, too – an excellent source of vitamin C. Vibrant and juicy, your tropical summer fruit salad with jalapeno mint and lime will be a standout at every shindig.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 3 kiwis (1 cup), peeled and sliced in half moons
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons shaved coconut (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, scallion, mint leaves, lime zest and kosher salt until blended.
- Stir in blueberries, pineapple, mango, kiwi and jalapeno.
- Top with shaved coconut, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 5 cups
3.5 g fat
0 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
1 g protein
25 g carbohydrates
4 g fiber
17 g sugar
100 mg sodium
283 mg potassium (6% of daily value)
29 mg calcium (2% of daily value)
1 mg iron (6% of daily value)
77 mg vitamin C (90% of daily value)
25 mcg vitamin A (2% of daily value)