- 2 lb 8 oz Blueberries, frozen OR 3 lb 2 oz Blueberries, fresh
- 4 oz 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Red onions, diced
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tsp Cloves, ground
For easy school foodservice printing, download this recipe as a PDF.
- Place vinegar, sugar and salt in a large sauce pan over medium high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in blueberries and onions into the mixture. Heat to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally until the blueberries have mostly broken down and the sauce has thickened, 20 – 25 minutes.
- CCP: Heat to 140⁰ F or higher.
- Remove from heat.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle ground cloves in and stir.
- CCP: Hold for hot service at 135⁰ F or higher.
- Portion with a level No. 30 (1 oz) scoop.
Number of servings (yield): 50 Servings: 1.5 quart, 2 oz
Per 1 oz serving:
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Iron: .1 mg
Protein: .3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Calcium: 3.8 mg
Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
Vitamin A: 16 IU
Sodium: 1 mg
Total Fat: .1 g
Vitamin C: 3.3 mg
Dietary Fiber: .8 g