Chef Jason K. Morse, CEC ©5280 Culinary, LLC
These tacos aren’t your everyday Tex-Mex, combined with a tangy blueberry barbecue sauce these Tenessee BBQ Tacos will leave your mouth watering and your stomach full. Bring to your next potluck and you may be the only guest not bringing home leftovers.
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- 8 ounces pulled pork (purchase at local grocery store)
- 5 tablespoons blueberry BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup tri-color coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon creamy slaw dressing
- 4 tablespoons caramelized onions glazed with honey
- Mexican crema, blueberry BBQ sauce, cilantro or shaved scallions for garnish
- Toss pulled pork with 4 tablespoons of Blueberry BBQ Sauce.
- Mix coleslaw with creamy slaw dressing to make “Tennessee slaw.”
- Fill each tortilla with pulled pork, slaw and caramelized onions.
- Drizzle Mexican crema and remaining blueberry BBQ sauce. Garnish with cilantro or shaved scallions, if desired.
- Serve open faced or in a parchment paper-lined street taco boat.
Number of servings (yield): 2 tacos