Dynamic new web presence features an enhanced user experience and fresh content
Folsom, Calif., July 31, 2014 – Consumer interests and industry needs were the driving forces behind the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council’s (USHBC) recent website overhaul and launch. Fresh design, a streamlined format, and the optimized platform for mobile and tablet viewing provide visitors of the Blueberry Council’s website with a consistent and engaging experience. The website will leave industry professionals and consumers alike excited and inspired to learn more and experiment with blueberries.
Since the website’s launch in early July, the Blueberry Council has seen a 557 percent increase in website visits since June and a 290 percent increase in website visits over July of last year – and the Council expects traffic to remain strong.
“The Blueberry Council is committed to creating positive interactions with blueberries that encourage more consumers around the globe to make little changes for a healthier lifestyle,” said Mark Villata, Executive Director of the USHBC. “What we’ve created with this site is a one-stop-shop for relevant and current information about the health benefits of blueberries, the various forms of blueberries and how to use them, as well as creative and simple-to-make recipes. These elements, coupled with many others, are packaged in way that will extend the reach of the Council’s efforts and keep visitors coming back for more.”
Enhancements to the Blueberry Council website include the following:
How it looks
- A refreshed look and layout
- Augmented foodservice section (with a new video, infographic and more)
- Redesigned complimentary materials like our kid-friendly activities for parents, teachers and school nutrition managers
- A new section launching soon for health professionals
How it functions
- Improved user-experience, with easy viewing on tablets and mobile devices
- Enhanced share-ability of recipes, images, blog posts and more
- A feature like Amazon’s “you might also like” function, but for blueberry recipes
- Ability for anyone to “subscribe” to stay in the loop on blueberry news, recipes, events and more
How it gets discovered by consumers and professionals
- Search engine optimized content
- Website promotions via spokesperson Alison Sweeney
- Increased promotions to drive immediate traffic, including heightened Pinterest activity, frequent blog posts and email deliveries, as well as ongoing direct mailing to foodservice and health professionals
“Since the Council’s establishment in 2000, our promotional efforts in the U.S. have contributed to increased highbush blueberry consumption, which has more than doubled,” continued Villata. “Ongoing enhancements to our online presence are a critical component to maintaining that momentum.”
About the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council is an agriculture promotion group, representing blueberry growers and packers in North and South America who market their blueberries in the United States, and works to promote the growth and well-being of the entire blueberry industry. The blueberry industry is committed to providing blueberries that are grown, harvested, packed and shipped in clean, safe environments. Learn more at www.blueberrycouncil.org.