February is National Boost-Your-Self-Esteem Month, so we’re here as your cheerleaders to remind you of all the little things that matter. This month is about finding ways to love and accept your strengths and weaknesses that will lead to a healthier you. But that doesn’t mean making huge lifestyle overhauls. It can be as simple as a handful of positive little changes, or little reminders for yourself, that add up to make a big difference.
To celebrate, we’ve put together a list of 5 simple things you can do to add up to a happier, healthier and more self-loving you.
- Compliment yourself! With so much negativity floating around it’s important to take a few minutes every day to think of all the things that you’re happy with and make you feel good.
- Get active. Just a 10- or 20-minute walk will make you feel refreshed, de-stressed and ready to take on the day. And pass it on: bring a friend along to catch up and it will feel more like a social outing than exercise. For more inspiration on making little changes together, join the #OurLittleChanges movement!
- Go for fruit. Eating healthful foods doesn’t have to be hard or mean that you have to give up the treats altogether. Swapping out dessert for a handful of blueberries will make you feel better about your choices and will add up to a big boost in self-esteem down the road.
- Change up your body language. Stand in a powerful position (think Super Woman), hold a smile and laugh out loud. These little tricks will give you a powerful boost and can set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Finally and most importantly, celebrate your all of your successes, even the small ones. Did you nail your presentation at work? Did you take the stairs instead of the elevator? Did you find the perfect recipe? Record all your achievements and think back on them when you’re feeling down. Self-esteem is built on watching yourself succeed, and little wins over time can add up to major successes.
How are you using little changes to boost your self-esteem this month? Share your ideas with us in the comments below!
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” -Maria Robinson