Love blueberries? We do, too. They’re delicious, nutritious and oh-so versatile. If you’re looking for new ways to enjoy fresh, frozen and dried blueberries, we have you covered. Cue the Blue Crew. These five dietitian ambassadors are harvesting new, blueberry-inspired blog posts, videos and recipes – just for you. Read on to learn more about each ambassador and get a taste of their blueberry favorites.
Deanna Wolfe, MS, RDN
Deanna is a nationally-recognized registered dietitian nutritionist and founder of Dietitian Deanna, LLC. Deanna is a pioneer in the online space, creating a loyal community through her Instagram @DietitianDeanna and blog, dietitiandeanna.com where her audience trusts her with sound nutrition advice and inspiration. As a speaker, coach, lifestyle blogger and media spokesperson, Deanna has represented top brands like Kellogg’s, Jeep and KIND and is featured regularly in popular online and print resources like Health Magazine and Women’s Health. Deanna is an influencer in the nutrition field, coaching other registered dietitians and speaking at national conferences. Deanna’s core philosophy encompasses an all-foods-fit approach and she continues to help her audience overcome rules and stress around food. Deanna is passionate about everything she does and continues to empower women, dietitians and end-consumers in all that she does.
- Website: dietitiandeanna.com
- Blueberry Quick Bite: “Throw blueberries into banana bread for an easy snack topped with peanut butter, of course.”
Kelly Jones, MS, RD, CSSD
Kelly is a board-certified sports dietitian based in Philadelphia who works with athletes and active individuals at every level, from teens and weekend warriors to the pros. She is also a media spokesperson and nutrition communications consultant with clientele including high-level sports and fitness organizations. As a former Division I athlete and mom, Kelly is passionate about relating to her audience with practical ways to integrate nutrition and fitness habits into any lifestyle. She also runs Fit Fueling, an online fitness nutrition course for athletic and physically active females.
- Website: KellyJonesNutrition.com
- Blueberry Quick Bite: “I’ve loved blueberries as long as I can remember since I grew up with blueberry bushes in my backyard. I’ve always enjoyed just grabbing a handful as a snack or to top my oatmeal before a race. Now as a busy parent, I always have frozen blueberries on hand, too. My toddler loves to snack on them right out of the freezer and they’re perfect for quick post-workout smoothies.”
Maggie Michalczyk, RDN
Maggie is a Chicago-based registered dietitian who specializes in millennial nutrition with a focus on helping women feel confident in their food choices, having less stress around healthy eating and loving their bodies. Through her blog and Instagram Maggie strives to demonstrates that healthy choices can be just as fun as they are nutritious. Maggie is a nationally recognized dietitian featured on GoodMorningAmerica.com, mindbodygreen, Women’s Health and more. When she’s not baking up something delicious, Maggie loves exploring the food and fitness scene in Chicago and walking her dog, Pumpkin.
- Website: onceuponapumpkinrd.com
- Blueberry Quick Bite: “You may not think blueberries go with something savory, but one of my favorite way to eat them is warmed up and mashed on top of seared salmon!”
Mary Ellen Phipps, MPH, RDN, LD
Mary Ellen is the founder and registered dietitian behind Milk and Honey Nutrition. As a type 1 diabetic herself since she was five years old, she knows firsthand the impact food has on how we think, feel, act and move. She strives to make food easy and fun again for people with type 1 diabetes and other autoimmune conditions; and uses both her professional expertise and personal experience to reduce stress and fear around food, and help people find joy in the kitchen again. Mary Ellen is also a contributing writer, recipe developer and content expert for several leading health and wellness organizations.
- Website: milkandhoneynutrition.com
- Blueberry Quick Bite: “I love combining fresh blueberries with nut butter for the perfect blood-sugar friendly balance of carbs, protein and fat. It’s a great snack for any time of day and keeps me energized for several hours!”
Mia Syn, MS, RDN
Mia Syn is a nationally recognized nutrition expert and host of Good Food Friday on ABC 4. She holds a master of science in human nutrition from Columbia University and has been featured by dozens of major media outlets including Women’s Health Magazine, Cosmopolitan and BuzzFeed. As one of the most recognized and trusted young dietitians in the country, she has helped hundreds of her clients and millions of her readers lose weight, improve their health, and adopt healthier eating habits.
- Website: nutritionbymia.com
- Blueberry Quick Bite: “My favorite way to enjoy blueberries is at breakfast! Adding a handful to oatmeal, smoothies, yogurt and pancakes are my favorites. I also like to pair a handful of blueberries with a handful of nuts for an easy on-the-go snack with staying power that pairs fiber with plant protein.”