Bleauberry Mojito Hi-res Fontainebleau Hotel Corporate Mixologist
- 14 mint leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon Blueberry Compote, purchased or recipe below
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1-1/2 ounces rum
- 1 ounce club soda
- 12 fresh blueberries
- Mint leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound (3 cups) frozen blueberries, not thawed
- Place 8 of the mint leaves in a Tom Collins glass; with a muddler or a wooden spoon, crush the mint leaves until fragrant; set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine Blueberry Compote, lime juice, simple syrup, remaining mint leaves and rum.
- Add ice, cover and shake to mix.
- To the Collins glass, add club soda. Fill glass with fresh blueberries and ice; strain shaker mixture into glass. Garnish with mint.
Number of servings (yield): 1 cocktail
In medium saucepan, stir sugar and cornstarch together until blended; add frozen berries, toss until uniformly coated. Cover and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until the berries thaw and the mixture starts to boil, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove lid, cook, stirring constantly, until boiling and thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): about 2 cups