A mouth-watering side with no cooking or baking? Count us in! Try this blueberry and sweet potato slaw as the perfect addition to your next dinner party or savor it as a side to your favorite meal. However you enjoy it, this blueberry and sweet potato slaw is a quick, fun to make dish sure to leave you craving more.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sweet potato, peeled and finely julienned
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup thinly shredded Napa or Savoy cabbage
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl combine oil, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add sweet potato, blueberries, cabbage, scallions, celery and sesame seeds to dressing mixture; toss. Let stand at least one hour before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
3 g protein,
25 g carbohydrate
12 g total fat
1 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
19 mg vitamin C
4 g dietary fiber