When you really need breakfast to be on-the-go, grab some blueberry pancake bites. Pro tip: Don’t skimp on fresh blueberries – the more the merrier to make these blueberry pancake bites burst with flavor.
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbs. confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon (or sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on top and leave out the cinnamon)
- Maple syrup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla, stirring until smooth and blended. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Pour batter into prepared mini muffin cups, filling each cup ¾ full. Top each with 3-4 blueberries.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. Run sharp knife around edges to loosen. Let stand in pan 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over tops of pancake bites, if desired. Serve with maple syrup for dipping.
Number of servings (yield): 24 Mini pancake bites
4 g total fat 4 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 0 g, Mono 1 g)
30 mg cholesterol
240 mg sodium
80 mg potassium 80 mg
26 g total carbohydrate
1 g dietary fiber
10 g total sugars
4 g protein