Colder weather means it’s time to warm up with cider, a blueberry cider punch bowl to be exact. A handful of all the delicious fruit you can find, some fresh ginger and a dash of rum and your party is off to a delicious start. Leave the turkey to grandma and bring this blueberry cider punch bowl for friends and family to enjoy. Pro tip: serve warm in a mason jar for all the holiday cheer you can handle!
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups rum (optional)
- In a sauce pot, over medium heat, combine apple cider, blueberries, orange slices and ginger. Simmer until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum (optional).
- Transfer to a punch bowl and garnish with cinnamon sticks, orange slices and fresh blueberries, if desired. Serve warm or cold.
Number of servings (yield): 10 Cups of Cider
For a mocktail version, skip the rum.