Recipe by Annie Holmes, “Maebells” Blog
These poppable blueberry corn muffins with goat cheese are a great appetizer for your holiday meals. The combination of fruity blueberries and crumbly, crunchy, crispy bacon will make blueberry corn muffins with goat cheese a true fan favorite.
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a standard 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and baking powder; stir well.
- Add the beaten egg, milk and melted butter until combined.
- Lightly fold in the bacon, blueberries and goat cheese.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 12 muffins