Breakfast just got a whole lot sweeter with these blueberry crepes with honey yogurt. Imagine: waking up on a Saturday morning, the family’s made you breakfast in bed and you bite into the sweetest taste of bursting blueberries, gooey honey and the light flakiness of perfectly made crepes. Well, that may be a stretch, but hey, day dreaming never hurt anyone! Luckily blueberry crepes with honey yogurt are also easy enough to whip up in a pinch if breakfast in bed isn’t going to happen.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. salt
Crepe Filling Ingredients
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- In blender puree eggs, flour, milk, melted butter and salt until smooth. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup crepe batter to skillet and swirl to cover skillet. Cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 crepes.
Crepe Filling Instructions
- Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet cook blueberries, brown sugar, orange juice and cinnamon until blueberries are tender and a sauce has formed, 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine Greek yogurt, honey and orange zest; set aside.
- Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium -high heat. Place 1 crepe in skillet and top with 3 tablespoons blueberry filling and 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture.
- Fold and cook until heated through, 30 seconds-1 minute. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Top with remaining yogurt sauce and garnish with fresh blueberries, orange slices and fresh mint, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 8 Crepes
5 g total fat (Sat 3 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 1 g)
120 mg sodium
150 mg potassium
41 g total carbohydrate
2 g dietary fiber
26 g total sugars
7 g protein