Recipe by Olivia Mesquita, “Olivia’s Cuisine” Blog
Blueberry glazed ham takes a classic holiday staple and gives it a rich, fruity upgrade. Sweetness from the honey and blueberries, combined with the piney, sharp flavors of rosemary and thyme, makes blueberry glazed ham a perfect main dish for your seasonal meals.
- 1 boneless fully cooked smoked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-3/4 cup of water, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium sized sauce pan, over medium heat, combine bring 1-1/4 cups of water and the brown sugar to a boil.
- Add the frozen blueberries, the herbs and the honey to the water/sugar mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until the blueberries release their juices and the sauce reduces/thickens. Set aside.
- Score the ham, making diamond shapes with a knife.
- Place in a deep baking dish and add remaining water to the pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the ham and bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, basting with the pan juices every 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- Serve immediately with the remaining blueberry sauce on the side.
Number of servings (yield): 10