- 1 ¼ cups frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tubes (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits,
- 8 biscuits per tube
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease baking sheet with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl combine blueberries, preserves, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest and cinnamon; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit dough into a 3 ½-inch diameter circle. Divide reserved blueberry mixture evenly between 8 biscuits (about 2 tablespoons per) arranging in center of each dough circle to within ½-inch of edge. Top with remaining biscuits and seal edges securely with a fork. Cut “stem” at top of each hand pie.
- Arrange hand pies on prepared baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden and baked through. Transfer to wire rack and cool at least 20 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 8 mini hand pies
Glaze & Decorations: In bowl combine confectioners’ sugar, 6 teaspoons warm water and orange gel food color, stirring until smooth, and adding additional 1-2 teaspoons water if needed. Glaze and decorate tops of hand pies, attaching raisin stems and gummy candy stems and/or leaves with glaze. Add additional orange gel color to some of the glaze to make darker orange glaze for the pumpkin outlines and/or jack-o-lantern faces.