- 2 quarts (3 pounds) blueberries, frozen (not thawed)
- 1 quart (32 ounces) ketchup
- Cook frozen blueberries until boiling
- Transfer to blender
- Add ketchup
- Blend, scraping blender as needed, until smooth
- Refrigerate or serve immediately
- Portion into 48 (2-ounce) servings
- Serve with chicken fingers, fish sticks or french fries
Number of servings (yield): 48 (2 oz.)
Per 2-ounce Portion:
Protein 1.2 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 189 IU
Vitamin C 3 mg
Iron 0.2 mg
Calcium 7 mg
Sodium 495 mg
Fiber 1 g
Percent Calories from: Protein 8%; Carbohydrate 62%; Fat 34%
Asian Blueberry Dipping Sauce
Add 2 cups soy sauce and 1/2-cup toasted sesame oil to blender; pulse to combine. Makes 3-1/2 quarts or 58 (2-ounce) servings.
Buffalo Blueberry Ketchup
Add 1 tablespoon hot sauce (or to taste) to blender; pulse to combine.
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
Substitute ketchup with 1 quart prepared barbecue sauce.
Blueberry Plum Sauce
Substitute ketchup with 1 quart prepared Asian plum sauce.