- 1 baguette (12-14 ounces)
- 6 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- Blueberry Maple Syrup, recipe follows
Blueberry Maple Syrup
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; set aside. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes; set aside in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, milk, syrup, cream, cinnamon and orange rind; pour over bread cubes. Turn into prepared dish. Cover with plastic wrap and chill one hour.
- Heat oven to 350⁰F. Stir blueberries into the bread mixture; dot top with small dollops of cheese.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, 40-50 minutes. Serve warm with Blueberry Maple Syrup.
Number of servings (yield): 6-8
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, maple syrup and orange peel.
- In a small cup dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water; add to blueberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Serve warm.
- 587 calories
- 18 grams protein
- 101 grams carbohydrates
- 4 grams dietary fiber
- 14 grams fat
- 7.6 grams saturated fat
Cooking time: 40 – 45 minutes