Recipe in partnership with the Tone It Up Girls
A lil crunchy, a lil sweet and a whole lot of yum, these blueberry oat bars make for an excellent go-anywhere snack. We know picking up granola bars at the store is easier, but make a batch of these blueberry oat bars and you’ll be patting yourself on the back all week (because homemade is always better than the box, right?).
- 2 cups gluten-free oats, divided
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cups dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, combine 1 cup oats, almonds, and salt. Process until oats reach a sandy consistency.
- Add dates, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Process for another 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a new bowl and gently fold in blueberries and remaining 1 cup oats. Mix until sticky and incorporated. The bars will take on a purple hue.
- Press down mixture in a parchment covered 8×8 square pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars. For rapid cooling, transfer directly to the freezer for 15 minutes or so.
Number of servings (yield): 12 bars
5 g fat
2.5 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
95 mg sodium
21 g carbohydrates
3 g fiber
7 g sugar (2 g added sugar)
3 g protein
22 mg calcium (2% daily value)
1 mg iron (6% daily value)
146 mg potassium (4% daily value)