Get ready – this crowd-pleasing blueberry peach orzo salad is about to become your signature dish. Perfect for potlucks, picnics and parties of all stripes. Last-minute plans? No stress. Just toss a blueberry peach orzo salad together and let the compliments roll in. You’ll love the refreshing burst of citrus – and the vitamin C boost.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces (about 1 1/3 cups) uncooked orzo pasta, cooked, drained and cooled with cold water
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 peach, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- In a serving bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Add cooled orzo, blueberries, peach and arugula and stir until evenly coated.
Number of servings (yield): 6 cups
8 g fat
1 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
8 g protein
58 g carbohydrates
3 g fiber
13 g sugar
590 mg sodium
186 mg potassium (4% of daily value)
26 mg calcium (2% of daily value)
2 mg iron (10% of daily value)
16 mg vitamin C (20% of daily value)
31 mcg vitamin A (2% of daily value)
As desired, use your favorite gluten-free pasta, quinoa or rice as a substitution.