A versatile and mouth-watering addition to any appetizer or meal, this blueberry pineapple salsa is the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. Add as a topping to fish or chicken for a meal that’s sure to satisfy, or toss in a bowl to serve with tortilla chips for a deliciously fresh appetizer. No matter how you serve it, our blueberry pineapple salsa will take your meal to the next level.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Combine blueberries, pineapple, jalapeño, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro and red onion.
- Season with salt and additional lime juice as needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to fish or chicken.
Number of servings (yield): 6 Servings
- 40 calories
- .5 grams protein
- 10 grams carbohydrates
- 1.5 grams dietary fiber
- .2 grams fat
- 0 grams saturated fat
Calories: 40 per serving