- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan, simmer blueberries and water until blueberries pop and release their juice. Remove from heat.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing with a spoon. Discard seeds and pulp.
- While juice is still hot, pour through coffee filter.
- Add sugar; stir until dissolved. Chill syrup.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Uses: sauce for ice cream, cakes or pancakes; use as sweetener in cocktails, juice, or salad dressings
Yield: 1 ¾ cups syrup