Chef Jason K. Morse, CEC, ©5280 Culinary, LLC
A little sweet, a little savory, and a little surprising twist on a classic, this dynamo power salad has it all. Blueberries, feta, kale, quinoa, all the tastiest power foods combine in this dynamo power salad for an unexpected take on a salad that’s as filling as it is tasty.
- 2 cups red and white quinoa, cooked
- 4 cups chopped kale, chard and mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked and drained
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 cup blueberry lemon vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened blueberries, torched with a creme brûlée until lightly caramelize
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, greens, cucumbers, sun dried tomatoes, parsley and Herbs de Provence.
- Dress salad with the blueberry lemon vinaigrette. Toss lightly to combine.
- Transfer to two serving bowls or plates. Sprinkle with feta cheese and torched blueberries.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries, if desired.
- Serving suggestions: top with grilled steak or chicken.
Number of servings (yield): 2