Recipe by Chef Michelle Tampakis, Whipped Pastry Boutique, Brooklyn, NY
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3/4 cups gluten-free flour *
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners; coat each liner with non-stick spray. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla and eggs; add to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in half the blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffins cups; top with remaining blueberries. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over muffins.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 24 muffins
* Such as Jules All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour or King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour