Recipe by Foodness Gracious
Warmer weather is on the horizon…and that means it’s time to dust off the grill. Grab your bag of frozen blueberries and it’s only 24 minutes to perfection with this grilled chicken topped with a melt-in-your-mouth blueberry relish. This recipe is so simple you can (actually) make it on a weeknight (gasp!). Or if your weeknights are saved for catching up on your fave shows, try grilled chicken with blueberry relish as a Sunday meal prep and you’ll be set all week long.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary, divided
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 4 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add blueberries, 1 tbsp of rosemary, balsamic and blueberry preserves into a pan
- Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes until the liquid has started thicken.
- Crush the blueberries with the back of a spoon and set aside
- Preheat grill to high
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Serve on a large plate and top with the blueberry relish and the remaining chopped rosemary
Number of servings (yield): 4-6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 14 minutes