Grilled Chicken Salad with Fresh Blueberries, Pecans and Honey-Poppy Vinaigrette
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 8 ounces each
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 6 ounces arugula
- 6 ounces spinach
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic, 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Grill until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 8 minutes per side; set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spread pecans on a cookie sheet; bake until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the balsamic, white balsamic, honey, mustard and remaining salt and pepper.
- Continue whisking while gradually adding the olive oil. Stir in the poppy seeds; set aside.
- With two forks, shred the chicken.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the arugula and spinach with about ½ cup of the vinaigrette.
- Top with chicken, blueberries, cheese and pecans and toss gently.
- Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use.