Crispy apples cook down with onions in this Savory Apple Blueberry Compote. Drizzle it over roasted meats or even pour it over your favorite veggies. This Savory Apple Blueberry Compote has a luscious consistency that will add a delightful balance of savory-sweetness to smoky, roasted, or grilled dishes.
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Apple Blueberry Compote Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sear pork on all sides to create nice color. Remove from pan with tongs and place on a rack on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 400° F for 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches160° F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in a warm area for at least 8 minutes before slicing.
Apple Blueberry Compote Instructions
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples and onion; cover and cook, stirring frequently, until apples are almost tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, sugar, salt and pepper; stir in 2/3 cup water.
- Stir water mixture and 1/2 cup of the blueberries into the apples; cook, stirring gently, until thickened and sauce begins to color, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Serve with sliced pork.
19 g carbohydrate
3 g total fat
2 g saturated fat