- 1/3 cup blueberry powder *
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together.
2. Pour into a jar, label, date and seal. Use within 3 months.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Uses: rub for grilling ribs, beef, pork, lamb, poultry or fish; rim cocktail glasses; stir into Bloody Mary mix; add to sauces, marinades or dressings; finish plates
* Blueberry powder is available online or at well-stocked retailers (make blueberry powder by pulverizing freeze-dried blueberries in a blender).
Yield: 3/4 cup