- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine blueberries, orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; gradually stir into blueberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a simmer and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; stir in orange peel.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- In a blender, puree in batches in blender; pour into a bowl. Cover and chill.
- Serve soup cold with a swirl of sour cream and a few blueberries, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 8