For easy school foodservice printing, download this recipe as a PDF.
- Place vinegar, sugar and salt in a large sauce pan over medium high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in blueberries and onions into the mixture. Heat to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally until the blueberries have mostly broken down and the sauce has thickened, 20 – 25 minutes.
- CCP: Heat to 140⁰ F or higher.
- Remove from heat.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle ground cloves in and stir.
- CCP: Hold for hot service at 135⁰ F or higher.
- Portion with a level No. 30 (1 oz) scoop.